Subject: [amos-list] Re: GUI Timer?
From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 11:26:32 -0500

From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>

On 01-May-99, Andrew Crowe wrote:
>   Well, I think I have a solution:
>   keep it in GUI Amiga 0 mode, and add a multi wait.
>Do
>   Timer=0
>   Repeat
>      GUI=Gui Event
>      If GUI=-1 Then QUIT
>
>      *Multi Wait*
>      
>   Until Timer>3595
>   SAVE_TIME
>Loop

That did it.

>   the reason it was easting CPU was you left it running as fast as it
>possibly could, so no time for other tasks.
>   with a multi wait in there it should use very little CPU time.
>(I'm sprised it didn't eat all the CPU time in Gui Amiga 1 as well...)

Well, it did, but I figured that was a different problem. Thanks for the help.

Well met and godspeed,
                      Rev. Giark
                                             ICQ 12235820
                                       [email-masked]
                                      http://24.112.23.20/~giark/
                            .----------------------------------------------.
                            |      ______  ______    _____  Coming Soon!   |
                            |     / ____/ / __  /   / ___ \ ï¿½SoloTrek III  |
                            |    / /__   / /_/ /   / /  / /                |
                            |   / ___/  / ____ \  / /  / /  ï¿½Cap'n Bubba   |
                            |  / /     / /___/ / / /  / /   And The Nasty  |
                            | /_/     /_______/ /_/  /_/    Alien Menace   |
                            |    Fly By Nite Videe-Oh!                     |
                            |    Amiga 1200 030/50MHz 2Mb Chip 32Mb Fast   |
                            `----------------------------------------------'

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
http://www.ONElist.com 
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html